Ten Rays of Sisterhood
When our sorority first began, our ten Founders came together to establish an organization that would better the university and community. These ten women united together to create a lasting entity. The Ten Rays of Sisterhood, like our ten Founders, form the basis for our sorority. These are the characteristics all sisters work to best exemplify.
- Integrity: To uphold the history, values and purposes of Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority Inc.
- Legacy: To take part in the development of active sisters, pledges and alumni through positive means, to ensure that the Sigma spirit is passed through the educational, individual and collective experiences of those associated with the sorority.
- Scholarship: To support and emphasize academic achievement.
- Philanthropy: To ‘Combat the Violence Against Women, through sister education, community awareness, activism and financial support.
- Professionalism: To best demonstrate sisterhood and allegiance through organization, conduct and action.
- Community: To support individual sisters in their personal endeavors of leadership, sportsmanship and community involvement.
- Sisterhood: To give social and emotional support to active and alumni sisters, thereby providing an invaluable experience to the sisters.
- Culture: To promote on awareness of the Asian/Asian American cultures and heritages, as well as multiculturalism and the cultures of the members represented in the sorority at large.
- Citizenship: To serve as an example of appropriate behavior with the university, other Greeks and the community.
- Activism: To inform and educate about the causes Sigma Psi Zeta Sorority holds dear.